The 100 Day Project Day 2: “Five Ten Fiftyfold”. I’ve often found moments of calm when I listen to Cocteau Twins. Their music saw me through some challenging times in the mid to late 90’s.
As I’ve been struggling a bit lately with a few things: Figuring out what to blog about, finding time for myself to think, finding time for myself to *not* think (e.g., meditate), and having a consistent creative outlet.
This prompted an idea to participate in The 100 Day Project, which is described as “A free, global art project that anyone can participate in”. Participants are encouraged to post daily within a theme of their choosing.
I’ve chosen #100daysofcalm as my project, in which I will post short videos of a calm moment in my day. I really like the idea of taking a moment every day to focus and contemplate, and I hope this project helps this to become new habit.
I’ve kicked off the project today with my evening moment of calm:
- Go to Wikipedia.
- In the Search box, type your birth month and day (but not year).
- List three events that happened on your birthday.
- List two important birthdays and one interesting death.
- Post it.
My birthday is 27 September.
- 1821 – Mexico gains its independence from Spain.
- 1822 – Jean-François Champollion announces that he has deciphered the Rosetta stone.
- 1998 – Google is first established
Two important births:
- 1840 – Thomas Nast, German-born political cartoonist (d. 1902)
- 1934 – Wilford Brimley, American actor (heh)
One interesting death:
I ain’t taggin’ anyone, so tag yourself. 😛