It’s only appropriate that I christen this weblog on my birthday. So here it is, YANB (yet another blog).
There are a few things I want to accomplish with this blog (in no particular order):
- Provide myself with a chronicle of what I’ve been doing, where I’ve been… physically, emotionally, mentally. In my first blog(s), I was very personal, which now I enjoy re-reading and seeing where I was, regardless of how embarrassing it might might be in a few years. In turn I hope to…
- Develop a better ability to articulate. Writing helps this… a lot. Regardless of the inanity of the writings themselves… ya just gotta keep at it, like any other skill or hobby.
- Write for a smaller audience. Those of us that write on The Internets start doing it because we *want* someone to read it, let it be anonymous lurkers or friends from all over. If we wanted things to be private, we’d *keep* it private. That’s why I have my analog journal, and I’ll keep those things within those hard-bound pages. A few years ago, I inadvertently found myself having a larger audience to write for and felt the pressure of it as time went on. I find that these days my readership is mostly people I know IRL and see almost regularly, and I like it that way. It brings the “personal” back to Personal Blogging.
- Stay in touch with others. I guess this correlates with the reasons stated above. I know that some of my RL pals and family that aren’t bloggers (heaven forbid) read my blogs, follow my flickr photostream and various other feeds of mine to keep up with me.
- Have something to do. Heh. Okay, this is kinda stretching it, I actually do have a lot I do and *can* do. But a lot of my life is spent on a computer of some sort, and I like to keep that experience enjoyable. Blogging and its related activities are enjoyable, believe it or not. 🙂
There ya have it. I’d like to look back on this entry on my thirtieth birthday and see how it’s gone.