Not to fall into the blogging cycle that Nicole describes (not intentionally, anyway), but, it’s the weekend, and the weekend is light enough to accomplish a meme. So without further ado, here’s the countdown (I hesitate to call it the “Final Countdown”, as Elke titles it, since these are always subject to change):
Ten movies you’d watch over and over:
- Garden State
- Napoleon Dynamite
- Donnie Darko
- O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- My Neighbor Totoro
- The Hudsucker Proxy
- A Mighty Wind
- Grave of the Fireflies
- Ghost World
Nine people you enjoy the company of:
- Kevin (natch)
- My brother Brendon
- My Mom and Dad (is it fair to count them as one?)
- My dear friend Toni
- Toni’s husband, Brian
- My niece, Maddie
- My friend Michelle (a.ka. Batgirl)
- My friend Andy
- My friend Asa
- Sparx the cat (hey, cats are people too)
Eight things you’re wearing:
- Maroon Blazer that I inherited from my Aunt Lydia
- Dark Old Navy Jeans that I bought this week
- Black high-top Chucks that I got from Crossroads
- Black girly-T with a little bird saying “Let’s Jam!” printed on it in pink
- a whole bunch of black jelly bracelets
- Mini buttons on my lapel of Oogie Boogie and Bumperpup
- Studded belt
- Silvery hoop earrings
Seven things on your mind:
- What to eat for lunch
- If I should have a cup of coffee
- Does my car need gas today?
- My sinuses are ticking me off.
- I think I have an overdue library book (or two) in my posession.
- My teeth are fuzzy.
- I need to go outside.
Six objects you touch every day:
- The quilt on the bed
- My hair
- Sparx the cat
- my keyboard
- my keys
- my handbag
Five things you do every day:
- Brush my teeth
- Drink copious amounts of water
- Take my allergy meds
- Check my email and RSS feeds
Four bands (etc) that you couldn’t live without:
Three of your favorite songs at this moment:
- Title and Registration – Death Cab for Cutie
- The Killing Moon – Echo and the Bunnymen
- The District Sleeps Alone – The Postal Service
Two people who have influenced your life the most:
- Mom and Dad (again, I lump them into one entity)
One person who you love more than anyone in the world:
- I guess it’s most fair to say myself. Or rather, I should love myself more than anyone else in the world.
There you have it. I’ve succumbed to a meme for the first time in a while. Now I can go back to some real content.