If you’ve got a problem (or something that even slightly resembles a problem), there’s a support group for you, somewhere out there.
There’s even Lip Balm Anonymous, whose mission is “to stay free from lip balm and to help others achieve the same freedom.”
A sampling from their self-evaluation:
- Has the use of lip balm interfered with your job?
- Is your lip balm use causing conflict with your spouse or family?
- Do you feel depressed, guilty, or remorseful after you use lip balm?
- Do you ever wish that you had never taken that first application or hit of lip balm?
- Do you have an obsession to get lip balm when you don’t have it?
- Do you experience an anticipation high just knowing you are about to use lip balm?
- Are you absorbed with the thought of getting coated even while interacting with a friend or loved one?
- Have you begun to use lip balm while alone?
- Do your lips, nose, or other areas hurt when you avoid Lip Balm?
- Do you use larger doses of lip balm to get the same protection you once experienced?
The site started out as am honest joke, but has turned out to be a useful resource to true, real-life Bonne Bell addicts.