Promo has a new cell phone! *jealousy* Yeah, I’m a gadget girl, so what?
Time for this week’s Monday Mission!
1. Who has authority over you?
Mostly myself. It really depends on what I’m doing, I suppose. Y’know, work, school, whatever.
You’re not the boss of me!
2. Where do you go to get a feeling of community?
I get a feeling of community at school. Sounds corny, but it’s true. Ever since I’ve been back in school, I’ve felt more of a part of a community. I’m liking it so far… it’s not all about going to classes and getting an education, but being around a diverse group of people that are like-minded and have similar goals.
3. What do you do, or have you done, in your life that “goes against the tide?”
Hmm. It’s all subjective, but I think that I’ve never really gone *with* the tide all that much. I’m sure a lot of people will say that. As the saying goes, “I want to be unique… just like everyone else!” ^_^;;
I’ve never really been a girl’s girl, if you know what I mean. I’ve always been referred to as “the smart, quiet one”. And you know… I don’t mind one bit. I dunno if you can say that staying true to yourself is necessarily “going against the tide”, but heck, not too many people really do so.
4. Guilt can be a powerful weapon. Those who have mastered its power can very good at getting what they want. Have you ever used guilt to get you what you want? Have you ever had it used on you? How did you react?
Oh, I can write novels on this one… but I won’t. Many people that know me are aware what guilt does to me… I am a SUCKER. I take responsibility for a lot more than I should. This unfortunately leads to people taking advantage of me, but I think I’ve gotten a better handle on it recently. I often feel horrible for myself when people lay the guilt on me, and succeed.
5. I was walking through the mall Friday night and saw a lot of teenagers who dressed really wild and just acted like idiots – not caring who was looking or what others thought. And I remember being that way, having that kind of freedom. I must have looked like a fool then too. Did you ever do anything in public with your friends as a teenager that you would never do today? Tell me about that.
Y’know, I actually think that teenagers *do* care who’s looking and what they think. That’s why they act the way they do… they WANT the attention. When you’re that age, you want everyone to look at you. You want to impress people and make them laugh. It’s all about ME ME ME. I’m sure I was guilty of some of that kind of behavior, but as I said earlier, I was always the quiet one.
6. I don’t watch the television show “Survivor,” but I did notice they allow each contestant to bring one “luxury item” to the deserted island with them (make-up, a book, etc.). If you were to go to an island for three months, what five “luxury items” would you bring and why?
I would definitely bring a toothbrush, as silly as it sounds. I can’t stand morning mouth. Bleh. Or a hairbrush, cos my hair gets really horrible at times… either that, or I’m just way too picky about it.
7. If you would have had a choice, in which time period would you have like to have lived? Why?
I would have loved to witness the decades of the 20’s through the 40’s. I know that’s a broad range of time, but it’s within a lifetime. 🙂 There was so much going on during those times… innovations in almost every industry. The times of war, the times of political change… I would’ve loved to witness it all.
BONUS: Where do you dare me to draw the line?
If you take one step further… I’ll moitalize ya!