Huzzah! Monday Mission time!
1. What do you do to make things better when you feel sad and/or lonely?
Do something for myself! Read a book, take a walk, take a nap!
2. Are you a “touchy-feely” person? That is, do you like to touch people you don’t know that well? And on the flipside of that, do you like being touched by someone you aren’t close with?
IMHO, there are different levels of touching. I’d often touch someone’s arm while talking, in passing and unconsciously, because it makes the conversation seem more personal. I don’t mind when someone does it in return. Of course, there *are* limits… not like I want someone I barely know jumping on my lap. Well, unless it was David Duchovny or Rivers Cuomo. 😉
Click MORE for the rest…
3. Do you like to have “me” time, time to yourself to be alone and relax? Or do you prefer to just do your own thing with someone else in the room? When was the last “me” time you got and what did you do?
I love “me” time. But of course, I enjoy the company of good friends. K and I often have a lot of “me” time with each other in the room… be it reading, on the computers, gaming, etc. On a lot of my “me” time, I like to go out and walk… especially if it involves geocaching.
4. Generally speaking, how do you feel about the concept of marriage? Are you the marrying type? Do you think the act of getting married means something today or is it simply just “a piece of paper?”
I’m surely the marrying type… I guess I must be engaged for a reason. 😉 As for if marriage means something, it really seems to depend on the couple. We’ve been engaged for almost 2 years, and in no big rush for the wedding. The commitment is already there. I would consider the marriage to be the binding agreement, the contract. I think it both means something significant to the couple, but a business transaction as well.
5. That said, as many as 25 states have passed legislation regulating who they believe should be the “marrying type.” What are your thoughts on the banning of same-sex marriages?
No problemo. I don’t see the issue here. Why should one’s personal choices affect the masses? Why should it be anyone else’s business?
6. If there was one law you had the ability to create or change, what would it be?
I’d change it in other states to ban smoking in bars and restaurants. It’s worked out really well in California, IMHO.
7. What would you like someone visiting your Blog for the first time to know about you? Now is your chance!
I’m small, but pack a punch. I speak softly and carry a big stick. No, waitamin, that sounded wrong. I guess what I’m trying to say, is that there’s more to me than meets the eye. And no, I am not a Transformer. Look closer.
BONUS: Can you hear them?
Just barely hear them. I can just barely hear them.