Monday Mission… Truth, Love, and the American Way!
1. In the United States of America, it was recently ruled that the phrase “one nation under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance is unconstitutional. Do you agree with this ruling? Should the phrase “under God” be removed? Why?
I agree with this ruling. It’s about time, I say. I am one of those people that believe in separation of church and state.
2. When was the last time you took a road trip? Where did you go and what did you do?
I think that was 3 years ago, when I flew to MN and drove back… we stopped at many points of interest along the way, pausing the longest at Vegas and Disneyland.
3. Do you have any vacations planned for this summer? Already gone? Where to and what?
No time, no money, no vacation. Blah.
4. What is the most drastic change to your appearance that you have ever made? Are you brave enough to post a photo?
Sounds very run-of-the-mill, but I would say that having braces really affected my appearance. I had them as an adult, and I’ll tell you, as you get older, it’s hella painful. But it changed my profile completely. It’s amazing… I had many teeth pulled, and the fact that the gaps are gone are just amazing to me.
5. Tell me about something to which you are committed?
I’m committed to helping people be true to themselves. I’m sick of seeing people not truly being who they are… and it’s so transparent. I’m tired of people not telling the truth because they are afraid of the consequences of the expression their true feelings… what other people think, how they will react. I try to encourage people to be genuine and truthful all the time. Not always a successful effort, but I think it’s a fairly valiant one.
6. Now tell me about something you just flat-out gave up on.
I gave up on buying a new car anytime soon. I had *so* been wanting a Mini Cooper for like 3 years now, and was determined to get one when they were released here in the US. But… Bills to pay, blah blah blah.
7. (new saga) I’ve had it, this place is just wearing me out. You too? We need a break! Let’s head out and go someplace new. You make the plans, I’ll get things ready. So what do you have it mind, and did you want me to pick up anything special to pack for the trip?
Let’s go to Spain. I speak adequate Spanish, and I’d love to experience the culture there… food, art, wine, people! Heck, I’d probably squeeze in some geocaching while there too, heh. Bring a good, comfy pillow. I can’t stand hotel/motel/hostel pillows.
BONUS: Where is my hairbrush?
None of your damn business, Sam.